WebMD recommends that you look for a prenatal vitamin with the following vitamins and minerals:
- 400 to 600 micrograms of folic acid
- 400 IU of vitamin D
- 200 to 300 milligrams of calcium
- 70 milligrams of vitamin C
- 3 milligrams of thiamine and 2 milligrams of riboflavin
- 20 milligrams of niacin
- 6 micrograms of vitamin B12
- 10 milligrams of vitamin E
- 15 milligrams of zinc
- 17 milligrams of iron
For more specific guidance, please talk to your healthcare provider about his or her individual recommendations for your situation.
Thank-you for reading this post. Please feel free to leave your thoughts in the comment section below.